The mission of the stewardship ministry is to create givers, develop Christ-centered stewards; training people to be biblically debt-free and become tithers and savers.
- Review the committee’s purpose, areas of concern, and basic responsibilities in the matters of stewardship.
- Study what the Bible teaches about stewardship including giving.
- The study, identify and write out the mission of the church.
- Seek to understand the church’s stewardship needs.
- Work with Budget (Finance) Committee on the proposed annual budget.
- Plan and calendar the emphases and opportunities that will best help the church promote the annual church budget and faithful giving.
- Seek the cooperation of other church leaders and use all existing channels of the church to communicate biblical stewardship truths, with emphasis on personal stewardship and spiritual growth.
- Become familiar with and determine the best available methods and resources for implementing planned stewardship activities.
- Be sensitive to stewardship needs that are unique or that do not occur regularly.