The mission of the Pastoral Relations Committee is to provide support, encouragement, and appreciation to the Pastor and his family. This ministry should be realized as the committee centers attention on the personal needs of the Pastor and First Lady and family. Those needs should be defined to include the following: intercessory prayer, facilitation of better communications between the Pastor and the congregation, personal and professional development, compensation, vacations, recreation, and anniversary celebration.
- Pray for the needs of the pastor and his family.
- Provide any supplies or other items the pastor may need for his office or pulpit, such as preparing his robe for Sunday service.
- Maintain clear channels of communication with the pastor to inform the pastor of needs, activities, and/or problems and to receive the pastor’s input, insight, and affirmation related to plans and decisions for the first family.
- Plan and implement the Sunday morning meals for the first family.
- Provide hospitality to visiting clergy and church officials.